Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sunday morning smoothie

This past Christmas I was given a Sally's Baking Addiction cookbook by a friend who knew how much I loved her recipes. Although I haven't yet had a chance to try out a recipe from the book, this morning I thought I would try out one of the smoothie recipes from her website. I made the Orange Creamsicle Smoothie found here

We had some fresh oranges laying around and I had some bananas in the freezer so it was perfect timing. I put my ingredients in the blender and poured it into a nice thick glass. 

I wanted a little extra treat to top off my smoothie, so I took some chilled coconut milk, added vanilla and sugar, and whipped it until it was thick. It made a sweet whipped cream with a hint of coconut flavour. The decadent, sweet coconut whipped cream was the perfect compliment to the bright, fresh, citrusy smoothie.

Yum!
The coconut whipped cream was every bit delicious as it looks.

I enjoyed the smoothie recipe and would make it again; however I would likely section the orange and remove the membranes (or just blend it much better next time) because I found the smoothie a bit pithy. There were small pieces of membrane that didn't blend up so I found I was having to chew those as I enjoyed the smoothie. 

It was a nice way to start my Sunday! I hope you're enjoying yours.

1 comment: